Scary looking bug to identify please
Location: Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela
Took the picture on october 29 on a wall right at my job’s door. It was about 1.5 to 2 inches long IIRC. I found it a bit scary because of the (can fly) + (bit painful looking pincers) factors, so I took a pic of it but then forgot about it. Saw it again when checking on old pics on my cell phone so I’m posting it here.
Reason I’m asking is because I showed it to my wife and she mentioned it looked like a ”chipo” (Triatoma infestans), that’s considered a dangerous bug here in Venezuela because it transmits the chagas disease, but checking online all mentions of the chipo describes it as a much smaller bug, and with no pincers.
Signature: Roberto Etcheverry

Dobsonfly

Dear Roberto,
Though it looks a little different from our North American representatives and it is about half the size, we are confident that this is some species of Dobsonfly in the family Corydalidae.  These are harmless creatures.

Location: venezuela