Wolf Spider – Att: Daniel
Location: Mid-Missouri
November 2, 2010 10:41 am
I found this wolf spider this weekend in my yard. It was fairly large and I would guess the body length to be about an inch with overall length (with legs) to be in the 2 inch range. He was very friendly (as most all wolf spiders I come across are). One of these days I’m going to get the nerve to let one walk on my hand….yesterday wasn’t that day though.
I have searched and searched for an ID and can not get farther than the Lycosidae Family. I have not seen this species before and most I come accross are Rabidosa or Pardosa. Hopefully you can give me some help to nail it down to a species or even genus.
Signature: Nathanael Siders

Wolf Spider

Hi Nathanael,
We scanned through the Wolf Spider images on BugGuide, and we believe your lovely Wolf Spider might be
Gladicosa pulchra.  The markings resemble the markings on this image on BugGuide, and the face is a dead ringer for this image on BugGuide.

Wolf Spider

Location: Missouri