Yucca plant bugs
Location:  North Middle Tennessee
I ran across these little fellows this afternoon. Almost gave up on identifying them but I did a search for ”yucca plant bugs” as they were on a yucca plant. Didn’t know their was such a critter but that seems to be what they are. Thanks for all you do and have a great day.
Signature:  Richard

Yucca Plant Bugs

Hi Richard,
This is a new species for our website, and we had not heard of the Yucca Plant Bugs,
Halticotoma valida, in the family Miridae prior to your email.  We verified your identification on BugGuide.

Yucca Plant Bugs

7 Responses to Yucca Plant Bugs

1. Sherri says:

I also have bugs in my yucca plant but mine looks more like stink bugs. They seem to fill up the plant within every bloom.

2. Sherri says:

I forgot to add that I live in extreme southern Alabama. About 15 min from the guild of Mexico. I didn’t know if it would help

3. Sheila says:

I have blackish/brownish bugs, no picture, that are round and very small….can cover a leaf of the Yucca. Since the bugs have gone for the Winter I now have white dead leaves with brownish blackish spots. Can the plant be saved? Do I just remove all the dead leaves which would leave a long huge stalk like trunk? I also haven’t separated my Yucca’s and am assuming this too is causing my problem. HELP!!!

4. david deise says:

the bugs i have are a hard shell prehitoric looking bug bout inch n length and devour my flowers

5. david deise says:

oh and im n oklahoma

6. Jeremy Joseph Couts says:

yep saw it too for the first time. In SW Ohio yesterday.