So much help!!
Location:  Central Ohio
October 13, 2010 6:42 am
Hey guys! I’ve been a fan of your website for some time now, I even look at it on a fairly regular basis with my two-year-old. He loves seeing and learning the names of new bugs. 🙂
I just had to say that, had it not been because I look at your site so often, I wouldn’t have been able to teach my nephew about a bug my mom found for him. My brother-in-law was convinced it was a rhino beetle (in Ohio?!?), but as soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what it was.
My mom had found a wheel bug crawling up her pants leg! My nephew was curious about it and wanted to take it in to school, but since no one knew what it was, they wanted to find info on it first. I pulled up your website and sent a link to my brother-in-law, so he could find more info in he wanted and let my nephew take it to school with him.
The only picture I got of the little guy was on my cell phone, so I apologize for the bad quality.
So, I wanted to say, thank you all for the effort you put in to keeping the website up, and keeping everyone informed about bugs of the world.
Signature:  Thankful Fan

Wheel Bug

Dear Thankful Fan,
We are relieved that you had already identified your Wheel Bug as it might have been a difficult identification for us since the image is so blurry.  Your letter really cheered us up this morning, and we are happy to tag it as fanmail.