Interesting bug!
Location:  Central Indiana
This bug showed up at my son’s birthday party and was quite the hit! The kids thought it looked like a bug that belonged with dinosaurs!! lol Body length was approx 2”. Found in central Indiana; an especially warm day in early Oct (and we have had record breaking DRY weather here for months). Thank you very much!! 🙂
Signature:  Ruth

Wheel Bug

Dear Ruth,
Interesting, the words prehistoric and dinosaur, and more specifically Stegosaurus are often used to describe the Wheel Bug, the largest Assassin Bug in North America.

One Response to Wheel Bug

1. Cheryl McKinney says:

I saw, well, actually, had one in my truck yesterday! October 5, 2016, a very warm day in early October. I have never seen this bug before in my 54 years. I noticed it crawling on my steering column while I was driving. Needless to say, it freaked me out! Then it fell off and landed somewhere either on me or on the floor. I immediately pulled over, when it was safe, and got out of my truck, found him, and set him free. Freaky!!!