your recent book
I got your book in the mail the other day, and I enjoyed it immensely. I need to bring something up, and I hope you are not offended. I found three misspelled words in your book. Page 97, lightening instead of lightning; pg 120, shear instead of sheer, and page 161, immanent instead of imminent. Just for your info in case it goes into second (and third etc) prints and publishing. Great book, and where else can one find out who invented and named the flyswatter, the incredible myths about dragonflies, and all the funny names for bugs in Australia? Thanks for authoring such a wonderful collection of facts, fallacies and downright intriguing insect information.
Signature: Ron DePaepe

The Curious World of Bugs

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your kind words and also for bringing the spelling errors to our attention.  Daniel does not have the best spelling skills, though he does attempt to check spelling whenever possible before committing a questionable word to print.  Though the editing process was rigorous, and multiple sets of eyes viewed the manuscript repeatedly, errors inevitably squeeze through the cracks.  Of course, Daniel hopes there might be a second edition in the future, and your corrections will definitely be addressed at that time.  If our calculations are correct, the errors account for a mere .005% of the total word count, which is no excuse, but perhaps forgivable.

A word from Daniel’s Editor
October 13, 2010
We can fix the typos for the next reprint. I’ll submit these changes to production. It happens—we’re all human.
Maria