WTH is this?
Location:  Paris, France
October 2, 2010 12:18 pm
Oh please help me identify this Spider! I am living in the suburbs of Paris and I am forever seeing these in my window. Can you tell me what kind of Spider it is and if it is dangerous?
Signature:  American in Paris

Orbweaver: Wasp Spider

Dear American in Paris,
The Spiders of Northwest Europe website identifies this lovely Orbweaver as
Argiope bruennichi, and it is commonly called a Wasp Spider, though it is unclear where that common name is used.  We doubt it is the common name in France since the name is in English.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *