Longhorn Beetle?

Prionid Root Borer

Longhorn Beetle?
Location:  Philippines
We found this bug in our home recently. It was really big. Looking through the internet, I thinks it’s some sort of longhorn beetle. What do you guys think?
Signature:  Ross

Prionid Root Borer

Hi Ross,
That is some impressive beetle.  We believe we have correctly identified your Longhorned Borer Beetle in the subfamily Prioninae, the Root Borers, as
Ziglipton sanchezi by comparing your images to mounted images on the Salagubang Philippine Beetles website.  Sadly, we are unable to locate any photos online of living specimens.  Interestingly, we did receive another letter today with some blurry images of what appears to be the same beetle, and we will post that letter as well.

Prionid Root Borer

Correction: Anomophysis aegrota perhaps
We just received a comment that this may be Anomophysis aegrota, and we believe looks to be a closer match.  It can also be found on Salagubang Philippine Beetles website.

3 Responses to Root Borer from the Philippines

1. mct5548 says:

I think it is more likely to be Anomophysis aegrota.