Beautiful Longhorn
Location:  Balfate (North Coast), Honduras
Hi Daniel, A co-worker sent me this picture today. I guess I’m getting the reputation of the bug guys here. Anyway, I believe it might be in the Prioninae sub-family. As always, I appreciate you help and for kindling my interest in insects. P.S. I’m really looking forward to your new book. Congrats
Signature:  brad

Unknown Longhorn from Honduras

HI Brad,
We agree that this may be a Prionid.  We are going to post your letter and photo before doing any research as we just got home from work and after feeding the chickens, we need to eat.  Hopefully, we will be able to identify it shortly, or perhaps one of our readers will provide an identification.  The metallic olive color of this beetle is truly lovely.

Update:  Possible Identification
September 22, 2010 5:11 AM
After a good night’s sleep, we decided to tackle this identification by searching the Worldwide Cerambycoidea Photo Gallery for Honduran species, and we believe this may be
Strongylaspis corticaria, which is in the subfamily Prioninae.  We also located an image on BioLib, but we have not been successful in locating an image of a living specimen.