I think Green Bettle (Fig Bettle)
Location:  Central Texas
but want to make sure its not the japanese bettle which is harmful to flowers and crops. This is early Sept in Central Texas and they are flying around everywhere crazily. A little bigger than June Bugs and with a high-sheen green on them (see pics). They are dumb like June Bugs and get caught in a water bucket easily. Fly everywhere without direction or apparent cause buzzing during the day (unlike June Bugs that are usually at night.) Thanks!
Signature:  Ed

Green June Beetle

Hi Ed,
You are correct.  This is a Green June Beetle in the genus Cotinis (see BugGuide), but since the ranges of several similar looking species overlap in Texas, we are not certain which species you have.  Japanese Beetles are much smaller insects.

Hi, thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply! I’m glad they are the local type and not the bad kind. I didn’t think they were the Japanese ones but wanted to make sure. We finally had some good rain here and I wonder if, somehow, that caused them all to hatch out or something? Or if they all hatch at the same time like “locusts” maybe? Anyway thanks for the quick reply and have a nice labor day holiday! -Ed