peruvian caterpillars
Location:  peruvian/bolivian border by rainforest
I spent a few days near the Bolivian border in a rainforest lodge,These caterpillars were on a tree near the lodge.The butterflies were drinking from a muddy bit on the path I was using.Nobody at the lodge could help me.Can you identify these, especially the caterpillars.Would love to know what they hatched into.
lesley

Caterpillar Aggregation: Morpho telemachus

Hi Lesley,
Back in 2009, with the assistance of Keith Wolfe, we were able to post an identification of a similar Caterpillar Aggregation from Brazil as
Morpho telemachus.  Here is a link to the Neotropical Butterflies website that identifies these caterpillars as Morpho telemachus.  There is no photo of a butterfly attached to your email, only a duplicate of the caterpillar image.

thanks so much.I have only just found your site  and I am sure I will use it again and again. I am really really thrilled to identify these.Thanks again,
Lesley
ps not surprised butterfly photo not attached, poar for the course with me! will find and forward.