Long and Lean NOT every young girls dream!
Location:  Hamlet, North Carolina
Found this thing slithering along a base board in my son’ bedroom. What is it??
Thank You

House Centipede Carnage

While the lowly House Centipede may appear frightening, and it may not fulfill many expectations in the dreaminess department, it is nonetheless a beneficial predator.  Tolerating its presence may help to prevent the proliferation of every homemaker’s nightmare, an infestation of Cockroaches.  House Centipedes are harmless nocturnal predators that prey upon spiders and other unwanted insects and arthropods that enter the home and become a nuisance or otherwise cause harm or damage.  We would encourage you to be tolerant the next time you see a House Centipede scurrying around indoors.

Thank you for identifying him for us.  Had I seen it, I would have just removed him outside.  My son (who killed it) has autism and he has a great fear of unknown bugs.  I’ve tried to teach him to trap the bug and then show it to me, but he still kills them.  🙁
I will be sure to let him know the bug is fine and explain to him their importance as well as their significance in the meaning of homeostasis.  Again, thank you for your quick reply.  You have just prevented any future demise to the house centipede.  🙂

One Response to House Centipede: victimized for lack of dreaminess

1. twinsgirl88 says:

we have these in saint pual mn too and every time my dogs or ccats try to get them they get bit or stung hard! these are some mean ones!