Beetle
Location:  SW Indiana, USA
Hello Bugman, I found this beetle on the trash can in my home in SW INdiana, USA this week. I don’t have much luck looking through your site so I have chosen this more direct route. I hope you can help me.
Lisa at Greenbow

Swamp Milkweed Leaf Beetle

Swamp Milkweed Leaf Beetle
Location:  SW INdiana, USA
Hello Mr Bugman,
I just sent you a question about a beetle. I finally figured out how to go through the site. Sorry about bugging you but I think I figured it out. You can disregard my question as I think the picture is a Swamp Milkweed Leaf Beetle. They seem to vary. Thank you for being here.
Lisa at Greenbow

Hi Lisa,
We are happy that you were successful with your identification without our assistance because the work load on our end is much too heavy to respond to every request.  For the record, we often spend much more than fifteen minutes attempting to identify creatures for our readership and still cannot provide a response.  Luckily we have numerous faithful readers who are quite skilled and often come to our assistance.  We are thrilled to be able to post your letters and photo of a Swamp Milkweed Leaf Beetle,
Labidomera clivicollis, so that it may assist future identifications.  Those who are curious may also view BugGuide for additional information on this species.