Fall Webworms?
Location:  Northern Kentucky, near Cincinnati, OH
I’ve taken some photos that I believe are of fall webworms. This appeared almost overnight. The catepillars are still very small, but they look to be the white/cream black-headed variety. They’re so beautifully furry that it’s almost impossible to see where they end and the web begins.
I liked the way the sun was shining on the web and the catepillars, making them almost glow.
Thought I’d submit them to you since I couldn’t find many shots of these guys on your site and thought you may be interested in them.
Ragdoll

Fall Webworms

Hi again Ragdoll,
YOur stunning photographs of Fall Webworms,
Hyphantria cunea, are a welcome addition to our website.

Fall Webworms

Glad you liked the pics. What a difference a day makes…24 little hours…
Today my caterpillars think they are all grown up. They are fully white and luxuriantly fuzzy with a lovely green stripe down their backs. They’re bursting out of their web and looking for place to call their own to feast before entering the pupae stage on their way to becoming lovely white moths.
*sigh* They grow up so fast….
Regards,
Rags