Red Lilly Beetle
Location:  Naugatuck,CT. USA
Hi there love this site, I have been interested in insects since I was little. I have never seen this nasty little red devil until this summer nibbling on my lillies. I looked it up and found it was a Red Lilly beetle. Also that they are a recent invasive species.

Eggs of the Lily Leaf Beetle

I have 3 photos 1 of the eggs, one of the larval stage(very disgusting) and one of the adult. I haven’t seen any pics of them on your site and hoped you could use them? There are quite a few of them in my garden now and my lillies are totally destroyed. I am not that sad the garden is there to attract the bugs.
David K. Howe

Lily Leaf Beetle Larva

Hi David,
Your excellent documentation of multiple phases of the metamorphosis of the invasive Lily Leaf Beetle,
Lilioceris lilii, are greatly appreciated.  We have images in our archives of the adults, but your egg and larva images are a first for us.

Lily Leaf Beetle