Spotted-Wing Drosophila Maggot
Location:  Edmonds, Washington
Hello Daniel, just got back from our trip (to the beach, of course) and here are the promised pics of a dratted SWD maggot found in one of my raspberries. As opposed to the normally clear raspberry juice that a bruised berry exudes, notice the opaque, milky quality to the juice that is found in the bottom of raspberries infested with the maggots, in the one pic where I’ve pinched it up from the bottom of the interior of the berry.

Cherry Vinegar Fly Maggot in Raspberry

This milky juice has consistently been a sure marker of infested berries. I included several pics for you to choose from, most including at least one drupe of the berry for size comparison.
Love the Fuzzy Bottom Girls moniker and great pics of the trio!
Cheers, BeachDee

Cherry Vinegar Fly Maggot

Hi again BeachDee,
Though we sympathize with your infestation, we are thrilled that you have supplied our readership with this recent Invasive Exotic agricultural pest from Japan, the Spotted Winged Drosophila or Cherry Vinegar Fly,
Drosophila suzukii (see BugGuide). We were inspired to collectively name the new hens as an homage to the name of the musical group The Soggy Bottom Boys in the Coen Brothers film “Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?”

Cherry Vinegar Fly Maggot