Unidentified Insect
Location:  NE Tucson, AZ.
Over the past couple of days, I have witnessed countless millions of the attached bugs migrate from the north and slowly make their way toward the south. I have been trying to identify them but am having trouble. People who have lived here for 30 years or better have never seen anything like this. Therefore, I find it interesting to be able to see this, but would like to know what kind of insect it is.
I can provide whatever information you require, I am just very curious what these things are and why they are moving by the millions through the desert.
Another site told me today that they are some kind of Nymph of a “True Insect”, but he couldn’t tell me anything more about it.
I hope you can help.
Thank You,
T. Cook

Unknown Immature Seed Bugs

Dear T. Cook,
Alas, after a quick search of BugGuide, we are unable to tell you anything new.  These are Immature True Bugs in the suborder Heteroptera.  We will try to contact Eric Eaton to see if he is able to provide additional information.

Eric Eaton Responds
Lygaeidae is my best guess.  Maybe Neocoryphus for a genus?  Lots of adults seen recently anyway.

Thanks Eric,
We will link to the BugGuide page on the Whitecrossed Seed Bug,
Neacoryphus bicrucis.