Butterfly lobster tailed bumble bug?
Location:  New Jersey, Monmouth County
Help!
My son and I watched this bug for a while flying around my phlox, it was fast and fed like a butterfly, the wings where long and the body was almost 2 inches. The tail was the most interesting, the shape was like a lobster tail, the head area was fuzzy and yellow. We took so many pictures and these were the only ones in focus, the little guys was flying flower to flower like a bee or wasp, not at all interested in his observers. This guy was found early July in Monmouth county , New Jersey
Curiously Yours, Dom and Mom

Snowberry Clearwing

Hi Dom and Mom,
It is impossible for us to be certain of the exact identification of your moth because there are three members of the genus
Hemaris, which look quite similar, that are all found in New Jersey.  We believe, because of the dark legs and coloration, your moth is a Snowberry Clearwing or Bumblebee Moth, Hemaris diffinis.  You can read more about this Sphinx Moth which is often mistaken for a hummingbird on Bill Oehlke’s excellent website.