Is this a skeeter or what??
Location unknown
In the grocery store recently, I found a little flying critter sitting on, yes, a bottle of mosquito repellent. It was too funny and I had to take a pic! But I went online later to look at mosquito pictures, and none of them look like this fella. Can you tell me what it actually is?
Amused but confused
Alice

Is that a Mosquito on the Mosquito Repellent???

Hi Alice,
Sadly, we do not have a conclusive answer for you, but we are also terribly amused by the possibility that this might be a Mosquito on the bottle of repellent.  Judging by the antennae, it might be a male, and male Mosquitoes do not bite.  It might also be a Midge.  At any rate, we are cropping out the product name in your photo in an effort to not compromise product sales.

One Response to Possibly a Mosquito not being repelled

1. RubyHeart says:

Hi everyone. I’m the one who took the photo. Just FYI, in case it helps someone identify this insect, the location was Aurora, Colorado. Thanks!