What type of moth is this?
On July 7th this moth flew into my room at night and buzzed around for a bit landing in several places, I was able to get some decent pictures of it since it seemed to buzz around for a few minutes wearing itself out then rest for a while. It was about an inch to an inch and a half long with bright red markings and black and white striped legs with an abdomen patterned similar to that of a bees. It eventually landed on a magazine and I was able to flick it out the window, about 30 minutes later it flew back in and landed on the same magazine and I flicked it out the window. I spent a bit over 30 minutes looking to try and find it on this site http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/map?si=5&x=120&y=130 I wasn’t able to. So I thought I’d ask you, got any idea what t his is? I’ve never seen one before and a lot of moths fly into my room the windows are always open at night.
Paul V.
Pacific Grove, California.

Edward's Glassy-Wing

Hi Paul,
Your moth is a Tiger Moth,
Pseudohemihyalea edwardsii, which goes by the much more easily pronounced common name Edward’s Glassy-Wing.  We confirmed our identification on BugGuide.  It is also pictured on the Butterflies and Moths of North America website you searched to no avail.