Tick like insect, green body, with red rear/underbelly, possibly holding blood.
May 23, 2010
I live in Florence, SC and it in the summer time. It was around 84 degrees F when I found them, Overcast Skies, barely any sun coming through the clouds. It rained the day before. I found the insect on my glass door and they were all huddled together. They were also scattered around the perimeter of the door frame. Raid worked, sadly i had to kill them because I didn’t know what they were and there are kids around my house and I didn’t want them hurt.
Jonathan Smith
Florence, SC

Florida Predatory Stink Bug Nymphs

Dear Jonathan,
These are nymphs of the Florida Predatory Stink Bug, Euthyrhynchus floridanus, which BugGuide reports to range as far north as Virginia, and as far west as Texas.  The Florida Predatory Stink Bug, also called a Halloween Bug because of the coloration and timing of the adults in the fall, is an important predatory species, and BugGuide reports it to be:  “Predatory on other insects, including caterpillars, beetle. Nymphs, and to some extent, adults, are gregarious, and may attack large prey in groups.

Thanks for the quick answer.  Now that I know what they are and have researched it, I can tell for future reference that they are in fact beneficial.