Is this a type of Giant Twig Wilter bug?
May 1, 2010
Hey,
I found this really weird looking bug on the beach today, it looked like it was African or something, not belonging originally from the USA….so I found your website and I saw a photo of a Giant Twig Wilter bug and it seems similar to that bug…can you please help me I am so curious to see what bug this is and where it possibly came form and originated. Thanks!
Camille
Robert Moses State Park Beach – Long Island, NY USA

Western Conifer Seed Bug

Hi Camille,
You have astute powers of observation.  This Western Conifer Seed Bug is a Leaf Footed Bug or Big Legged Bug in the family Coreidae, the same family as the Giant Twig Wilter.

2 Responses to Western Conifer Seed Bug

1. erin says:

I keep finding more of these bugs in my house. I am freaking. Someone told me it’s a kissing bug? Maybe you can help. Thank you very much

Western Conifer Seed Bugs are classified in the same order as Kissing Bugs, so they share some similar anatomical features. Western Conifer Seed Bugs do not pose a threat to humans.