April 5, 2010
This morning we got the green light that our fourth attempt at writing an introduction was approved by our editor.  Now we can relax a bit until the designed proof pages are completed sometime in May.

April 2, 2010
Though yesterday’s posting was not a joke, it is no longer true, though it was at the time of posting.  We returned from Joshua Tree with a request from our editor to rewrite our introduction, so we have until Monday morning to comply.

April 1, 2010
At around 9:30 last night, we finished the introduction and sent the completed manuscript of our book,
The Curious World of Bugs:  The Bugman’s Guide to the Mysterious and Remarkable Lives of Things That Crawl, to our editor at Perigee, Maria Gagliano.  We spent the last two weeks tagging artwork, and the next stop is the designer who will combine image and text into a book.  We are right on schedule, and we still anticipate an October release.  We are hoping Martha Stewart will call and invite us on her show, but Jay Leno is local, and we could actually take Metrolink to Burbank.  Despite the date, this is no joke.

3 Responses to Update: Our book is finished!!!

1. lukelightning says:

Hooray! I think I’ll pre-order it on Amazon… I can’t wait to read it!

2. Dave says:

Congratulations, both of you!!

3. Peregrine John says:

Hey, congratulations!

I just noticed I was at Joshua Tree a week before you were. Beautiful time to be there. I think I’ll go back in a couple weeks. Got a green true bug to query you about.