orange spider
March 17, 2010
My name is Brianna. I was wondering what kind of spider this was. it has large palps. its legs are black and its body is a neon reddish orange color. I found it hanging of the railing of my open porch.
Bri
Clinton, TN

Dwarf Spider

Hi Bri,
This really is an unusual looking spider.  We are posting the photo before we attempt to identify it.  We are a bit busy now and we hope one of our readers will be able to provide an answer.

I think I may have found out what the spider is. Ceraticelus minutus. I’m keeping him as a pet. Some people have dogs. I have a dwarf spider. =] He actually looks alot different now. Hes paps are black and he is turning tan and tangerine. -Bri

Hi again Bri,
Thanks for the follow up information.  We found some photos on the Spiders Electronic Field Guide website.

2 Responses to Dwarf Spider

1. drwhitey says:

2. aurora says:

I just got bit by a Ceraticelus minutus spider and I was wondering if they are posinus