dark borwn bug small like a lady bug with white dots on and wings.
March 4, 2010
i keep finding them round my room, sometimes on the wall but i have found one in the car. They are really starting to freak me out and was hoping you could tell me what they are.
Help
Bedroom

Blurry Dots or possibly Pantry Beetles

Dear (not terribly) Help(ful),
We believe you may need more help than we are able to provide.  A bedroom and a car are not really geographical locations in any way that would provide us with the information we requested in terms of geography, and your photo is pretty much useless for any identification purposes.  We can only surmise that you probably have either Pantry Beetles or Carpet Beetles, or perhaps even both.

3 Responses to Blurry Dots: Pantry Beetles or Carpet Beetles, perhaps

1. […] Blurry Dots: Pantry Beetles or Carpet Beetles, perhaps | What’s That Bug? […]

2. Lynn says:

I want to know more about the black carpet beetle. I have killed several of these little black beetles and they are different sizes maybe very small like a quarter of an inch or 1/8 of an inch to a quarter of an inch. they started showing up this winter in my living room and now I’m finding them in the kitchen some of them are already dead and they don’t move real fast and I’m not sure if they fly even though they have wings. Least I haven’t seen any flying. I’ve seen pictures of the black carpet beetle how fast do they move? these bugs don’t move all that fast and can be squished fairly easily