March 2, 2010
I was shocked to read repeatedly on your site that bugs called grain weevils are not harmful to humans. If you did the proper research, you would find that inhalation of dust from the grain weevil causes a serious illness in humans called hypersensitivity pneumonitis, which results in pulmonary fibrosis and is FATAL. I know this because I have this illness, which I contracted from an infestation of grain weevils from a box of dry pet food. If you look up hypersensitivity pneumonitis in any medical textbook, you will find that Miller’s Lung, caused by the grain weevil, is one of the causes of this fatal disease.
Dear Goldy G.
We will research this condition and link to findings on the web. Here is what we found upon researching Miller’s Lung.