What is this bug?
February 1, 2010
Hello bugman,
These interesting and very colorful bugs are all over my house. They seem to be attracted to the white walls of my house. In my front yard I have two bottlebrush trees, one stringy bark gum and some lily pily shrubs. Happy to let the little bug live all over my house….. but i would appreciate a little more info. Regards
Luke
Gold Coast, Queensland, AUSTRALIA.

Green Jewel Bug nymph, possibly

Good Morning Luke,
This is an immature Stink Bug in the family Pentatomidae.  We believe it may be Lampromicra senator, the Green Jewel Bug, but alas, we are only able to locate images of adult insects.  You may look on the Brisbane Insect Website, or the Save Our Waterways Now website for photos of the adults.  Perhaps someone will write in to confirm this identification, or perhaps provide a link to images of the immature Green Jewel Bug nymph.

Green Jewel Bug nymph, possibly

One Response to Stink Bug nymph from Australia, possibly Green Jewel Bug

1. drtjhawkeswood says:

These nymphs appear to be those of Scutiphora pedicellata (Kirby, 1818) (Hemiptera: Scutellaridae) – a paper on the feeding of these bugs has been written by me – see paper 249 on my website http://www.calodema.com

Best regards, Trevor