suggestion
November 10, 2009
I’m wondering if any of the other WTB addicts out there would agree with the idea that it would be cool to eliminate the bug’s name from the title of each submission, so that we can test our knowledge when we see the pic? Obviously it would be left in the body of your response.
Here’s a spider pic (because apparently I can’t submit a Q without one & because I’m not sure if this is a marbled orb weaver- it looks different than the one in my book).
Vince
Northern Indiana

Marbled Orbweaver

Marbled Orbweaver

Hi Vince,
Your suggestion does bring up some possibilities in our minds, most significantly the thought of pitching a game show to the animal planet.  Amateurs that we are, we do post a significant number of unidentified images and we rely heavily upon our readership to supply us with answers.   We are happy you needed to attach a photo as this is a color variation of the Marbled Orbweaver, Araneus marmoreus, that we do not often see.  It is well represented on BugGuide.