HELP FOR DELUSORY PARASITOSIS
Ekbom Syndrome
October 21, 2009
Here at the University of Georgia we are conducting a research project on Ekbom Syndrome (the clinical name for delusory parasitosis). We know responding to these individuals can take a lot of your time, so please feel free to refer them to us at 706-542-9033 or Insects@uga.edu.
Dr. Nancy C. Hinkle
Insects@uga.edu
http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev.ento.54.110807.090514

Dear Dr. Nancy C. Hinkle,
We are posting your letter as well as including it with earlier postings that we believe are Delusory Parasitosis.  Hopefully you will be able to help these unfortunate sufferers.

7 Responses to Help for Delusory Parasitosis

1. smwt99 says:

I’m sorry, but it burns me up when I hear talk about “delusory parisitosis”. While I’m sure there are some cases – ones where folks “think” they feel something crawling inside them,etc, but to just blatantly assume the couple mentioned in the story has “delusory parisitosis” without examining them or the things they say are crawling in and out of their skin, just encourages others, especially doctors, to diagnose someone with this mental disease without any facts. Why would you assume the couple is delusional, especially while they provided pictures of the things they say they’re pulling off themselves?

Anyone who’s read any of my posts knows i’m very sensitive to this subject since I have twice gone to a doctor (one a dermatologist and one a ER physician, both in Newport News, VA), for help with my mostly skin condition (I do get them out of my nose on almost a daily basis, sometimes out of my mouth, from between my teeth, and in my stool) and have twice been called “delusional” and FORCED into a mental hospital against my will, thrown in the back of a police car, handcuffed behind my back. The first time I was forced to stay 8 days and the second time, 5 days. I only got out when I slyly admitted to the Psychiatrist that I was “feeling much better” and “didn’t think I had worms anymore”. This is what they thought all the meds they were force-feeding me, were “helping” me see. Bullcrap.

All the while, there are parasitic worms in every lesion on my body – clearly visible with a 6x magnifying glass – with big round eyes and a pointy probiscus. These doctors never even examined me, looked at any of my hundreds of pics, or hundreds of worm samples I’ve pulled out and off of my body. Can you pls. tell me a way I can just post some pics? I can post what I pulled off my skin just yesterday.

Please doctors – these things are real, there’s NOTHING delusional about me, and if anyone would just take the time to look at these things, I might be able to find a cure for this nasty, horrific disease that’s ravaging my whole body. Do I have to die (I’ve asked my family to make sure an autopsy is done if I die) to prove to the world that I have some kind of creeping crud and I need some help getting rid of it!!!

Best regards,
    smwt99

You may submit images using the Ask What’s That Bug? link on our site. Please put Parasites in the subject line.

• Jody L Owens says:

omg I feel the exact same way.

• Lacie says:

Bless your heart smwt99. I believe you. I know drs and others think this is crazy, but like you, I have many mb of pics and videos clearly showing with magnification these “bugs” .
      Being a science teacher for 17 yrs now, I KNOW there are no known insects or worms made by God responsible..
      I think this phenomenon can be best explained by Morgellons.
      I do not see an upload to post pics.
      Really would love to share.
      I’ll ck the help function and post again.

2. Rosemarie Marrone says:

I believe I have something living in my hair. It attacked my neck first and then my ears and the last my scalp. It’s embarrassing to go out and scratch like a dog with fleas.. I have scabs all on my neck.

3. Javon webb says:

Hello I feel all of you.I too was called the police on by sw medical integris hospital..when I went in to emergency with my 11 year old twins with me.thedoctors refused to lol asst anything under three micro score.my pic on phone but did look at what they call dry / dead skin between fingers.the nurse embarrassed me so bad an had my son embarrass and ashamed to admit thathe to has them on him.the police tried to arrest me and reside my children.I guess my payer with because they allowed me to go ahead songs leave with my babies.but now it’s what not only muy hands arms and legs but my hair and scalpand ears are infestedit’s totally embarrassing being around people because I never know when their going to start irritating itching and jumping out.although their tiny is noticeable.

4. Dan says:

I am experiencing the same symptoms and have seen numerous doctors and dermatologists that try to give me crap drugs as dermatologists had says this is really bothering you!! No I’m here because I got nothing else to do with my time of course it is today’s medical field is nothing but a joke it’s more money in the help and care of humans can somebody tell me what exactly this bug whatever-it-is)!!!