cancle
August 12, 2009
i would love to have more information from the cancles. my name is eternity and i’m 12 years old.  this is my cancle…
mexico,nay.

Tailless Whipscorpion

Tailless Whipscorpion

Hi Eternity,
In Mexico, the name Cancle is used for the Tailless Whipscorpions in the order Amblypygi.  According to BugGuide:  “Life Cycle  Males deposites a spermatophore which the female picks up with her genitalia. The mother broods the eggs in a special sac under her abdomen. After hatching, the young climb on to the mother’s back and are carried around until able to fend for themselves.  Remarks  No venom glands, and do not sting or bite. If disturbed, they scuttle sideways.” Since they don’t have venom, Tailless Whipscorpions are harmless.  They are shy nocturnal hunters that will feed on the cockroaches they encounter in the home.  We are very happy to have received your letter full of wonder about this magnificent creature since earlier today we posted a very disturbing letter from a person who smashed, poisoned and fed to ants a Giant Vinegaroon, another order of Whipscorpions.  We are thankful to hear about your curiosity concerning the wonders of nature.