Some Creosote Bush Katydid photos for you!
August 8, 2009
Hello!
The other night I heard an unusual, quiet buzzing noise coming from a creosote bush outside of my house. I hunted for the source of the noise with a flashlight and found this little guy! (took forever to spot him, though)
He was still on the bush in the morning, so I took some pictures (again, it took a while to find him; I thought he was gone, and just as I was about to stop looking, he happened to move and I spotted him!). I just thought I’d share a picture or two with you. I hope you enjoy them!
I zoomed in on one of his back legs to show how he’s holding on to the bush. I thought it was interesting to see up close. =)
With the help of your site, I was able to identify this little guy as a Creosote Bush Katydid (I hope I’m right!).
Thank you for this incredible website!
Cassandra
Victorville, California

Creosote Bush Katydid

Creosote Bush Katydid

Hi Cassandra,
Thanks for sending us your photographs of a male Creosote Bush Katydid, Insara covilleae.  BugGuide only has submissions from Arizona.  Since this species feeds on creosote bush, the Creosote Bush Katydid ranges where the food source grows.