CAMNULA PELLUCIDA
Caught this guy today and he was quite a sight to see flying just a buzz of white I think this is a Camnula pellucida and it does have clear wings. Caught in Washington State in Okanogan which is just southof the Canadian border.
The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
Ernie
Okanogan, Washington

Clearwinged Grasshopper???

Clearwinged Grasshopper???

Hi Ernie,
We aren’t totally convince that this is a Clearwinged Grasshopper, Camnula pellucida based on images posted to BugGuide.  We will post your image and continue to research, and perhaps one of our readers will be able to provide an answer.
Since you are not submitting your requests using our website form, it is creating additional work for us on the posting end.

Update from Eric Eaton
Hi, Daniel:
I became intrigued by the image of the “clearwinged grasshopper,” and was likewise suspicious that it was something else.  I think I have found the answer.  I believe it is a specimen of Dissosteira spurcata, and the Okanagan would be about the northern limit of its range, if not a slight range extension.  Very nice find.  We could use more images over at Bugguide, and one of the grasshopper experts there might take great interest in this given the location.  Thanks.

Update from Ernie
Clear Wing Grasshoper
Clear wing grasshopper with its wing spread. There is some black on the wings. Camnula pellucida.
Ernie
Okanogan, Washington

Band Winged Grasshopper

Band Winged Grasshopper

Hi again Ernie,
Eric Eaton believes this is Dissosteira spurcata, a Band Winged Grasshopper in the subfamily Oedipodinae with no common name.  Eric has also requested that you post your images to BugGuide where experts can weigh in.  We also have a suggestion for you.  We believe you should only be using post production software like photoshop to crop, color correct, and adjust contrast, and not to clone in backgrounds.  While the blurry grass background on your images might be more aesthetically pleasing, you might be eliminating crucial details that would assist in identification.