What is this? It looks like a cross between a roach, a moth, and a scorpion
Hi, in all my 29 years in Florida I have never seen a bug like this. We live in a wooded area with cypress and marsh behind us. I walked out of my house this morning to find this bug on the porch. I’d be so grateful if you could identify it. I left it alone and this afternoon it was gone.
Bugged out.
Florida

Toe-Biter

Toe-Biter

Dear Bugged Out,
This is one of the most beautiful images of a Toe-Biter, or Electric Light Bug, or Giant Water Bug we have ever seen.  We have numerous letters with numerous photos and lots of information already posted on our website regarding this amazing insect.

One Response to Toe-Biter

1. nikkij55 says:

I just identified this same insect that bit/stung my baby son this morning. We were in the pool and he started shreaking. I have googled for hours to find out how to treat this wound.

I need to know if its poisonous and if I should do something medically for my son. Any information would be helpful

Nicole