Unknown bug from Costa Rica
Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:16 AM
This bug was found in a box of bananas from Costa Rica! Any information would be great!
K. Yoder
Pa. from Costa Rica

Cockroach from Costa Rica

Cockroach from Costa Rica

Dear K.,
This is a Green Cockroach, but we are not certain of the species.  Not all Cockroaches are invasive pests in the home.  Most species of Cockroaches are benign creatures that would much rather live outdoors than inside a house.  These tropical green Cockroaches are not invasive.  We are preparing you letter and image to post live to our site next Thursday at noon.  We want our site to updated daily in our absence and pre-programming is a wonderful way to allow for us to take a real holiday yet keep the site current.  Sadly, we will not be answering any new mail until our return next weekend.

One Response to Green Cockroach from Costa Rica

1. Luna Wolf says:

I’m pretty sure that’s a Panchlora Nivea, the Green Banana Cockroach. Nice little critters, my friend keeps one as a pet.