My girlfriend is scared
Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 9:04 PM
We have been finding these bugs on the carpet in the last week. We moved in to the house about a month ago. The weather has been unseasonably cold here but it is nearing the later part of winter. The house is on a crawl space and we have hard wood flooring in the living room
Concerned
Rochester Hills Mi

Camel Cricket

Camel Cricket

Dear Concerned,
This is a Camel Cricket in the family Rhaphidophoridae and it was our featured Bug of the Month last month. Though they can be a nuisance in the home, Camel Crickets are harmless. What appears to be a stinger is actually the ovipositor, the organ the female uses for depositing eggs.  The Camel Crickets are probably proliferating in the crawl space and somehow finding their way inside.

One Response to Camel Cricket

1. Shay says:

I just found this website. We recently moved into this house and I have been seeing this cricket all over the house. It is a one story house without a basement. I have looked at all the other questions and your answers and my dilemma is we do not have any places in the house that is harboring the nest, like large piles of wood. They are everywhere and are scaring my grand babies to death How do we get rid of this cricket?