A few moths back, we started a dialog with an editor and an agent, and though we are a nervous wreck, we are embarking upon a book project. Since we have a limited amount of time to spend on this new pursuit, we will have to reduce the time we spend posting your wonderful questions, letters and photographs. We are setting a strict time limit of only 30 minutes per day allotted to answering your numerous requests. A few will be posted, and we can email short answers to a few more. Getting our attention is the luck of the draw. Chances are quite good that the insect you want identified might already be in our archives. Please try our search engine or click the links on the left side of the homepage. Don’t forget to scroll down to see our most recent postings and you can see the alphabetized archive of links on the lower left. Please contact us with any comments, problems, suggestions or praise.

Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:03 PM
Hi guys, great news about your book deal but is that  a Freudian slip on the
front page that a “few MOTHS back” you were talking to them 🙂
Trevor

hi Trevor,
You are not the only one who caught our typographical error, but seeing as the conversation was a few moths back as well as a few months back, we have decided to let the error stand.

4 Responses to We're Writing a Book!!!!!

1. lisaaa says:

A few moths back? How long is a moth?

2. stonehuntr says:

Books are great – especially nature identification books. But please consider creating a companion electronic – SEARCHABLE – version as well. We have found that though print books have their purpose, there is a growing number of people who want – or NEED – an electronic version. After all, that is what makes your site so magnificent: the “searchability” of it!

3. rex says:

I like to learn about things and places to make my brain volcabulary wider. I think your book will be great to read for people who like to learn things just like me!

4. rex says:

I think you should put in some “fun facts” in about the the insect – to make learning about the insect fun!