Northern Lower Peninsula Michigan 11/15/2008 Friendly Bug
Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 2:19 PM
Hi, Love the site! This curious (seemingly) friendly little fellow is the second one I have found in my house in the past week (Nov. 8-15). The first one was all green and they were both found around my computer. The first one I took outside but the weather cooled down and I couldn’t leave this one outside (he stood motionless in the same spot for an hour), so I brought him back in and I have been keeping him in a jar…he doesn’t seem to mind too much. The first photo is a side view and I included a dime in the picture for comparison. The second photo is a top view . I’d just like to know what he is so I can get him some food for the winter before it snows…I’ll let him go in the spring. He is rather interesting to watch. Keep up the great work!
Thank you! Kim
northern lower peninsula (Lewiston) of Michigan…purtineer the tip of the mitten :o)

Assassin Bug Nymph

Assassin Bug Nymph

Hi Kim,
This looks like an immature Assassin Bug in the genus Zelus to us.

2 Responses to Assassin Bug Nymph

1. drswanny says:

From a fellow Michigander, this is definitely a nymph of Zelus luridus.

2. Sheri says:

I think this just bit stung me-looks so similar–it hurt really bad