Wheel Bug!
Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:50 PM
I found this enormous bug on my screen door today, captured it, photographed it, and released it. Then I can to whatsthatbug.com as usual to find out what it was. Turns out its on the top of the main page as Bug of the Month! The person who submitted it, lives just minutes away too! Quite the cooincidence.
Anyways, I took some fantastic photographs of it…and figured since it is bug of the month, you may be able to use them. I also captured a small video of him cruising around on my desk which can be seen here: http://www.goochball.com/ images/bug.wmv
Thanks.
Dan Bowen
Pittsburgh, PA

Wheel Bug

Wheel Bug

Hi Dan,
Your head on view of a Wheel Bug is a nice addition to our archive.

One Response to Wheel Bug

1. vampie says:

Thus far I have only seen one of these guys in my life, and it scared the bejeezus out of me! I was sitting on the sidewalk on a warm sunny day taking a break from work and the thing ran at me, looking very dinosaur-like as they do. I prodded it a bit with my pencil to try to convince it to go away, which made it rear up and charge me again. I tucked my tail and ran, of course. They seem to be rather charming little guys when they aren’t trying to kill you, though.