NOT A QUESTION; I noticed that you don’t have a picture of a mormon cricket so I am sending you one (if you want it)
I was up from Austin visiting my dad in Idaho Falls, Idaho, while we were driving the quad I noticed this big shiney black bulb looking thing so I went and got him and my daughter and we drove to the spot and stopped to see what it was, we saw that it was an ugly bug with it’s butt in the ground (I am guess it was laying eggs). He told me it was a mormon cricket ( I know that probably isn’t the real name), I didn’t see one on your sight so I took a picture. On our way back to camp we saw one with it’s horn sticking out about to lay eggs so I took a picture of that one too. I hope this is something you can use! USA Northwest (southeast Idaho)
Jen

Mormon Cricket

Mormon Cricket

Hi Jen,
It is amusing that you sent your letter right after we posted a letter with a lengthy response about the Mormon Cricket. Did you try using our search engine? We also have several submissions buried in the archives.