A Beetle Picture For You
Howdy! I was out and about some weeks ago and caught on camera this fabulous shiny beetle. I immediately tried finding out what it was, but to no avail, and soon gave up. Just now, however, I came upon your site again (I’ve come across it before but forgot about it) and saw a submission from Las Cruces, New Mexico that was the same kind of beetle, that now I know is a Desert Spider Beetle. My beetle was in El Paso, Texas, about a 45 minute drive from Las Cruces. Well, just wanted to share my picture and say thanks for helping me ID this guy (it was killing me not to know!) and that your site is great! Keep up the good work!  🙂
Jen

Desert Spider Beetle

Desert Spider Beetle

Hi Jen,
Your Desert Spider Beetle is a Blister Beetle in the genus Cysteodemus.  We are not certain of the exact species, but we are very happy our site assisted you in the identification.