what are these bugs?
Hey there
These guys seem to have gathered around one of my windows in the last few days; when I keep the window open, they try to get in and more and more of them show up. They seem to be losing their wings pretty easily. When I close the window, they hang out but not in such numbers. I’m able to make them go away temporarily by putting a stick of incense between the screen and the window (shut), but inevitably, they come back. What are they and how do you get rid of them? I’m in LA (in case that helps figure out what these are). Thank you
Nat

Flying Termite

Flying Termite

Hi Nat
You have Termites. These are flying reproductive king and queen Termites on their nuptial flight. Luckily, they are on the outside trying to get in. If they were on the inside trying to get out, we would say you have a termite infestation problem indoors. Generally, in Southern California, we see swarming termites on warm sunny spring days after a period of rain.