Update Not a bee but a Hover Fly
Hello Bugman & Bug Lady!
I know you only have 30 minutes a day to spend on emails, etc, so If you read this, great! If not, it’s okay as well. Anyway, I sent an email with 2 photos. one a White -Lined Sphinx moth..and the other photo, I thought was some sort of bee..Well I discovered that it’s a Hover Fly. I Never would have thought it was a fly, but I checked all the categories I thought it would be in, and came up with nothing, so I got bored and just started looking through other areas of your site, and that’s how I happened across the Hover Fly! I added a few more photos, hope you enjoy them.
One is a worm or some such, another is a moth and the dragonfly, I think is a Widow Skimmer, which you have plenty of photos, I just thought you might like it.
These were all taken in Minnetonka Minnesota. Thanks for all your hard work,
Laura

Common Ringlet

Common Ringlet

Hi Laura,
We are happy that you identified your Hover Fly, but we must confess, that we are not sure we saw the photo. We did open one letter with a gorgeous photo of a Hover Fly, but didn’t have time to post it. Regarding this submission, it is not feasible for us to post images of different insects in the same letter. The image we are quite happy to post is of the Common Ringlet, Coenonympha tullia. The Common Ringlet is a highly variable butterfly, not a moth. You can read more about the Common Ringlet can be found on BugGuide

Thank you so much for your kind reply.   Honestly, I didn’t expect that any of the four photos would be posted, so I’m thrilled.  I really just love your site and wanted to be part of it by sending you and Lisa some pictures that I thought you would enjoy. And thank you for the information and further information regarding
the Common Ringlet.   The very next thing I’m going to do is go to the BugGuide and read all about it!
Thanks again,
Laura in Minnesota.