Japanese Beetles
I see you have a few pictures of these guys (Japanese Beetles) already, but they were just tearing up my friends roses and I wanted to share. They are so insidious!!! This photo was taken August 24th, in Lakeview Michigan, just north of Greenville. Thanks for your cool site ( love it )!
Erica Carranco

Hi Erica,
The Japanese Beetle is an excellent example of what happens when a destructive invasive exotic species becomes established elsewhere. Japanese Beetles appear in July and eat almost everything in their path until they are killed by the frost.

One Response to Japanese Beetles

1. Laura Priest says:

Hey Ya’ll….Greetings from Florida. I love this page. I also love bugs. When my son was little we would go out to our back yard at night with our flashlights to see what we could find. We have a spider here called an Ogre Face. It is so cool because they hold their web in their front legs and snag prey as it walks by. Thanks for this page. I will visit often. Laura Priest Jacksonville Florida.