green spider in roses
Hello again,
I have several beautiful spiders that are hanging out in my roses. They catch unsuspecting bugs that go there to eat the rose or fly by, no web. They are beautiful, but I’ve never seen anything like them. I have three living on my roses. The largest one is about 1 1/2 across with prickly legs. I can take more pictures if you’d like. They have all become larger over the past week or so. I was able the feed one a small green grasshopper by hand the other day. They are very fast when they strike. Thanks!!
Evie

Hi Evie,
Despite you not providing our readership with a location for your sighting, we are posting your marvelous image of a Green Lynx Spider, Peucetia viridans. We find them in Los Angeles in our vegetable and flower garden each year and we never tire of observing their remarkable hunting skills. They are found from coast to coast in the southern states.