Why is it that it is near to IMPOSSIBLE to find your email address CLEARLY displayed on your website? Are you guys COMPLETELY DAFT???? Since when is this an email address: Email the bugman AT Whatsthatbug.com ?????????????????????????????? ???????????
Are you truly dorks?
—–ja

Dear Jonathan Ayers (who can be reached at jonathanayres@mac.com),
While the majority of the emails we receive are complimentary, occasionally we do get unsolicited derogatory and inflamatory letters that trouble us deeply. In an effort to confront our demons, we have created the Nasty Reader page and we want to congratulate you on being awarded the fourth installment of the award. Your prize include a high profile posting on our homepage as well as a permanent position in our archives. So that our readership will have no problems locating your email address, we will make sure we link to it several times. You must be suffering from severe performance anxiety as well as personal inadequacy since it is apparent that a large majority of the web browsing public has no problem writing to us by simply clicking the Ask WTB link prominently featured at the top of each and every one of our individual pages. We do receive over 100 emails a day. We strongly suggest you seek some rage management treatment and perhaps our readership has additional suggestions for you. Our readership can email you directly, and hopefully copy us on their letters so we can post their views as well. Have a nice day.

Comment: (08/16/2008) How does it feel to be (in)famous?
Isn’t that what you wanted– to vent unneccessarily at the Bugman and his Mrs? What is wrong with you people? Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or are you naturally this nasty? You need a lesson in anger management and good manners, along with giving them an apology. They don’t have to have this wonderful page for us. I check it numerous times a day myself. I love the beautiful pictures that people send in and the commentary every day. Having this website is a wonderful gift to all of us, and you don’t appreciate it. You need to get a grip along with getting a life. Oh, in case you’re that ignorant and can’t find the email address, you’re supposed to click Ask WTB. DUH!
SJ

Another Reader Comment (08/17/2008)
Dear Jonathon
Does your mommy know you’re on the internet? Your email to WTB makes me think you are 8 or 9 years old. Even if you are older, I think you ought to be supervised. Get a clue.
Joanne

Faithful Reader gets nasty with Jonathan (08/17/2008)
Dafty Dork Frustrations
Dear Jonathan,
Being that on a daily basis 100s of us are able to find the means to e-mail “What’s That Bug”, it leads me to the conclusion that it must be you who is the dork and a dafty dork at that!! And … when you apparently did locate the address, instead of feeling pride in your brilliant accomplishment, you didn’t share your insect pics, but instead chose to chastise the wonderful folks who provide this amazing website. This is what I envision occurred… it’s the only explanation for such rage and frustration: You wanted to share your bug pics, but said bug was up your arse. You set up a tripod, positioned your butt, attempted to get your camera in position. The lighting wasn’t quite right, you’re itchy and uncomfortable , what with the bug hopping around in there, just refusing to sit still for a photo. Finally , after 10 minutes or so, poor bug settled down, the lighting adjusted, butt position at perfect angle to camera, you got it! After all that work & discomfort, to not be able to find an e-mail address is certainly justification to spew venom at our Bug Folks friends. I hope your bug has been released and you feel calmer. Although no photos were shared, I thank you for the entertainment. Best wishes,
A very loyal “What’s That Bug” fan

More proof that What’s That Bug? fans are a loyal group!!! (08/17/2008)
Oh Jonathan Ayres…what a hefty mistake you’ve made…
Tsk, tsk. Your email to the Bugman, specifically your overuse of punctuation and lack of manners, points to the fact that you are probably a pre-pubescent boy with little to do other than use mommy’s computer while she’s at work. Clearly she needs to impose more parental controls, and may I suggest for you a class in basic respect. I think they call it boot camp. Perhaps you ought to be practicing your “Yessir”, for if that note is any indication of your ability to control your anger, I see extended jail time in your future. I vote you “Most Likely to End Up in a Tijuana Prison”…and my guess is you have very few friends to bail you out.
M. Doy

Macintosh Representative takes issue with email abuse!!! (08/18/2008)
To jonathanayres@mac.com
Macintosh is one class act! You have displayed you have none! I am Macintosh certified and am embarrassed for Macintosh that such garbage be associated with their name. I will make sure to pass this on to all the nice wonderful people at Macintosh and see if we can’t disassociate you from their name. Hope you have fun with that!
Frank

Attitude Adjustment Needed
Dear ja, You asked the great folks at What’s That Bug if they were “dorks”….how insipid!! You must be less than a dork if your found it difficult to send them an email. I have always considered myself a dork when it comes to computer tech stuff but even with my limited PC abilities, I had no trouble writing to them. Your mamma must certainly be proud of your rudeness and bad attitude. My mamma knew how to do an instant attitude adjustment. Too bad your mamma didn’t have the same knowledge!! Don’t know how old you are but you better remember one thing, always be nice to those who know more than you do!! Cordially,
A bug wit…..

Comment: (08/31/2008) Nasty Reader Awards
I love your site, it’s very interesting and helpful. It’s also entertaining that you post the nasty reader award…but I would hope that you realize that everybody has bad days and take things out on others when they shouldn’t. I’m sure you’re intelligent enough not to take someone’s rantings personally. Seems like after a week or so you’d consider taking the “Nasty Reader’s” email address out of the letter though. He/She shouldn’t suffer a lifetime of emails concerning his rude message to you, don’t you think? Just wanted to let you know my thoughts. Have a great day and thanks for helping us figure out what these bugs are!!

Hi Jenna,
We had to admit, what you wrote had a ring of truth to it, and in a moment of guilt, we removed links to both Jonathan Ayres and one other individual in the Nasty Readers archives. We did not however remove the addresses, just the link, so readers can still write letters after physically typing the address into their email program. We still feel though that there is some accountability that falls on the shoulders of the originators of the nasty emails that remains to be done. That would be an apology which is the only polite thing to do. The fact that Jonathan never apologized leads us to believe that this was more than just a bad day and probably runs far deeper in his personality, permeating daily activities. We do believe though, as several respondants indicated, that Jonathan is not an adult, and that he might be the playground bully. The first two recipients of the Nasty Reader Award wrote to apologize, though one claimed the nasty email originated with her “extremely rude and unprincipled boyfriend,” and we immediately removed the link when we received her letter.