costa rica critters
hey bugman,
I just wrote you with some photos of jumping spiders from toronto. I remembered that I had some photos from costa rica to share with you. I just got into your site and would like to add any way I can. attached are some of the finds that I had. the first is a walking stick that looked like moss from monte verde, costa rica. the second is a preying mantis I had a photoshoot with. the way she displayed her wings (she?) was pretty cool. that was in la fortuna, costa rica. the third is a whip scorpion I found when we were volunteering in making a soccer field for the local school in playa matapalo, costa rica. I hope these pics can be of help, and I would like to know if I can get the proper names for my little friends.
thanks for the great site!

While we are not certain exactly what your Moss Mimic Walkingstick from Costa Rica is, we are fascinated by it and hope one of our readers can contribute some information.

Update:  December 15, 2008
Hello
I would just like to let you know IDs for some of the phasmid (walking
stick) pics you have on your site:
entry 25. September 2008 – this is a nymph (young one) of Trychopeplus
sp. (most probably Trychopeplus laciniatus). They live in mountainuos
neotropical regions up to the could forests – like in Monte Verde.
wishing you all the best
Dr. Bruno Kneubühler  (Switzerland)