Beautiful S. Arizona moth
Hi there. I have seen the most bizarre insects since moving to Southern Arizona (almost on the Mexico border)! Thanks to your site, I’ve been able to identify most of them, except for this beautiful moth that we found on the wall near our front door this morning. Can you tell me what it is?
Many thanks!
Tamara Holcomb Page
Bisbee, AZ

Beautiful S. Arizona moth (found it!)
Please disregard my just-sent email. After a little more searching, I did find it on your site. Bill Oehlke identified it as “Saturniidae, Eupackardia calleta” On the posting I found, he had asked what county it was from. We are in Cochise County, in the Bisbee, AZ historic district. The moth was photographed on7/21/08. Enjoy the photo in my previous email (I didn’t want to burden you with another attachment)! Again, Many thanks!
Tamara

Hi Tamara,
Far from disregarding your previous email, we have chosen instead to post it with your lovely image of Eupackardia calleta. We are copying Bill Oehlke on this response so he can add your location data to the information he is compiling on this species with its limited range.