Bug love!!
Good Morning!
My friend, Kevin, bought a new camera and went for a nature hike (here in Kentucky) and as he knows that I like to take photos of insects and spiders he showed me the assortment that he had taken. Amongst them was this spectacular bug love photo. I explained to him about your collections and he gave me the file to send to you. I hope you enjoy it, I thought it was particularly lovely when rotated to the left (also attached). Sincerely,
Teresa
(Normally photographing the bugs of Wisconsin…)

Hi Teresa,
Kevin’s image of mating Ebony Jewelwings, Calopteryx maculata, a species of Damselfly, is pretty great. We also prefer the rotated image, not only for the more obvious heart space produced between the bodies, but because it formats so nicely to our site while maximizing the image size. The photo has excellent lighting and a perfect camera angle for showcasing these lovely insects caught in the act.