One I know, one I don’t
Here are a couple of pics of critters from my back yard in Debary, FL (Central Florida) The butterfly, an Old World Swallowtail, was only minutes to hours old when I snapped the photo – not sure how long they take to fly. He came home with us from a nursery yesterday on the Key West lime he’s hanging from in the picture. He was stretching out his still soft wings this morning when I took the picture and was gone an hour after this photo. The other pic is of a very small spider I’ve never seen before. The leaf he’s on is Thai Basil and is no more than an inch long. Do you know this little guy?
Alex

Hi Alex,
The butterfly you have identified as an Old World Swallowtail is actually a Giant Swallowtail, Papilio cresphontes. Key Lime is a larval food plant for the caterpillars which are known as Orange Dogs. We would need more time to identify your spider which is one of the Orbweavers.