Tropidacris grasshopper
Hello there,
I managed to take a picture today of what looks like the "Mexican grasshopper" identified as a member of the genus Tropidacris here:
https://www.whatsthatbug.com /grasshoppers.html I don’t know if my picture is of any use, since the insect has already been identified. But, in case it is, each tile on the wall measures 10x10cm, and the shot was taken in Fortaleza, Brazil. Cheers, (love the site!)
Thaïs.

Dear Thaïs,
Thanks for sending your photo of Tropidacris dux, sometimes called a Giant Brown Cricket despite being a grasshopper.

2 Responses to Giant Brown Cricket from Brazil: Actually a Grasshopper

1. David says:

I am staying in Sitio do Conde and whilst out walking in the palms a huge green colored grasshopper / cricket fell on the ground in front of me. Now this amazing bug was about the length of my foot. What amazed me was it flew off when it jumped. It had wings which I had never seen before. What is the bug I talk ofs name?. I love the adventure of Brazil. I feel like a 10 year old again, haha.